***THIS JOB OFFER IS NOW CLOSED***
We’re hiring – Event Coordinator
Notman House is looking to hire an Event Coordinator.
The OSMO Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support the growth, development and global reach of Montreal’s startup ecosystem. In 2011, the OSMO Foundation created Notman House, a 30,000-square-foot campus that provides physical infrastructure and community for Montreal innovators and entrepreneurs. OSMO’s success is measured by the scale of the community organizations it builds, as well as the billions of dollars in value created by start-ups and scale-ups that grow at Notman House.
Events Coordinator and Development Manager
The Events Coordinator manages the entire events process at Notman. Their role includes responding to event requests received by the organization and providing information to clients. The Event Coordinator organizes and coordinates event logistics and the reception of the public by ensuring the smooth operation of auxiliary services while optimizing and formalizing processes and practices. They work with the whole team to continuously improve the service offering and remain competitive by staying on top of industry trends and the competitive landscape. They play a key role in identifying potential new partners in the leasing of our spaces. In this way, the coordinator contributes to the success OSMO has started in positioning Notman House amongst the event ecosystem.
- Respond to event requests, inform potential clients about Notman’s offer and book events;
- Issue contracts, perform invoicing, ensure final settlement of each file and update the event calendar;
- Maintain and update databases for all events (registration, CRM, post-event survey, etc.)
- Manage event logistics (coordination with catering, bar service, vendors and support staff)
- Prepare information and instructions related to the organization of the event, ensure that they are understood and applied by the teams.
- Ensure quality service delivery that meets the needs of users: identify objectives, develop and implement operations plans;
- Conduct prospecting to develop new clienteles;
- Contribute to the creation of promotional content for social media;
- Negotiate agreements while maximizing revenues;
- Establish long-term business relationships with event organizers and suppliers;
- Manage the inventory of event furniture as well as its maintenance and quality;
- Participate in the set-up and clean-up of events
- Provide troubleshooting and basic technical support to clients and staff for video conferencing and audio videoconferencing and audio-visual equipment;
- Other related duties.
PROFILES & QUALIFICATIONS SOUGHT
- Sales experience and good at negotiating
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments where projects are constantly evolving.
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members and various partners, great teamwork and spirit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French.
- Strong interpersonal communication and good judgment
- Welcome to people aged 55 and over, visible minorities, immigrants!
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- College diploma or AEC in hospitality, event management or sales, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of sales experience
- 2 years of experience in the event field
- Bilingualism: Advanced French
- Good knowledge of the event environment
BENEFITS AND CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT
- Annual salary + sales compensation plan
- Holidays starting at 4 weeks (including the holiday season)
- Advantageous group insurance
- Laptop provided
- Cellular phone allocation
- Challenging and inspiring workplace
- Full-time position, occasionally during evenings and weekends