We’re hiring – Accounting and administrative assistant
Notman House is seeking to fill an Administrative Assistant position on its team.
The OSMO Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support the growth, development and global reach of the Montreal startup ecosystem. In 2011, the OSMO Foundation created Notman House, a 30,000 square foot campus that provides physical infrastructure and community for Montreal innovators and entrepreneurs. Each year, Notman House welcomes more than 8,000 visitors through the many events it hosts and organizes.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant will play a key role in supporting management. They will contribute to the success of the pivot initiated by OSMO to position Notman House in a complex ecosystem and a context changed by the pandemic.
Roles and responsibilities
- Prepare monthly financial statements and prepare year-end files
- Prepare month ends and monthly financial reports
- Complete the accounting cycle, including payables and receivables
- Manage time sheets and process payroll
- Perform data entry
- See to the collection of receivables
- Prepare bank reconciliation
- Make payments to suppliers
- Follow up on tax remittances
- Prepare budgets for grant projects
- Assist in training staff and new employees
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and ordering items
- Receive and route calls and greet visitors
- Follow up on filing systems, set up and keep them up to date;
- Complete monthly reports with financial management.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to adapt and learn;
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Team spirit.
- College diploma in accounting technique (or equivalent);
- 2 to 5 years experience as an accounting clerk;
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel;
- Mastery of the French language and a very good knowledge of the English language;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software (an asset).
Benefits and conditions of employment
- Flexible schedule
- Vacations starting at 4 weeks (including the holiday season)
- Advantageous group insurance
- Laptop computer and telephone package
- Stimulating and inspiring work environment
- Full time position
- Competitive salary
To apply, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2022.
Find out more about Notman House.