Notman House is seeking to fill an Operations Manager position.
The OSMO Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support the growth, development and global reach of the Montreal startup ecosystem. In 2011, the OSMO Foundation created Notman House, a 30,000 square foot campus that provides physical infrastructure and community for Montreal innovators and entrepreneurs. OSMO’s success is measured by the scale of the community organizations it builds, as well as the billions of dollars of value created by the startups and expansions that thrive at Notman House.
The Operations Manager Position
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Operations Manager plans and directs all activities and develops the service offering of Notman House. He/she ensures the development and improvement of operational processes and guarantees the proper flow of information throughout the organization. Most importantly, the candidate plays a key role in the execution of the organization’s strategic action plan. He/she will contribute to the success of the pivot initiated by OSMO to position Notman House in a complex ecosystem and a context changed by the pandemic.
- Develops and implements the organization’s action plan, policies and procedures in consultation with senior management and the Board of Directors;
- Convene and facilitate management meetings consistent with the operational strategy to achieve objectives.
- Operational Management
- Acts as an interface between the various departments of the organization;
- Develops and implements work policies, methods and procedures related to the organization’s activities
- Assume responsibility for the maintenance, safety and cleanliness of facilities;
- Controls inventory of supplies, products and equipment and manages the purchase of routine expenses.
- Ensure that OSMO Café operations are managed in accordance with laws, the lease and community expectations.
Sales and Customer Success
- Establish service standards based on industry best practices and maintain customer service excellence within the team;
- Monitor customer satisfaction and develop action plans to close gaps.
Marketing and Communication
- Ensure that Notman House has and maintains an attractive reputation and visibility with governments, partners and potential collaborators;
- Promote the offering through word of mouth and digital channels to entrepreneurs and community instigators.
- Human Resources Management
- Manage teams, focusing on the development of their full potential and well-being, using a coaching approach;
- Ensure the acquisition of new talent and their training
- Set performance objectives for teams and evaluate results;
- Instilling an organizational culture based on the values promoted by the organization.
- Develop and maintain the operating budget
- Review all financial statements for discrepancies before forwarding to accounting departments
- University degree in administration or any other related discipline or combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a management position
- Minimum 2 years experience in the startup/entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Strongly demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Business and political acumen
- Team management and mobilization
- Good knowledge and practical experience in managing human, financial and material resources
- Action-oriented and results-oriented skills
- Problem solving and project management skills
- Information technology skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French and English
Benefits/Conditions of Employment
- Flexible schedule, 35 hours per week
- Vacation starting at 4 weeks (including the holiday season)
- Advantageous group insurance
- Laptop computer and telephone package
- Stimulating and inspiring work environment
- Full time position
To apply, send your application as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org