We’re hiring – Event Officer
Notman House is looking to hire an Event Officer.
The OSMO Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support the growth, development and global reach of the Montreal startup ecosystem. In 2011, the OSMO Foundation created Notman House, a 30,000 square foot campus that provides physical infrastructure and community for Montreal innovators and entrepreneurs. Each year, Notman House welcomes more than 8,000 visitors through the many events it hosts or organizes.
Summary of the position
Under the supervision of the Programming and Community Coordinator, the Event Officer will participate in the organization of Notman programming events for the startup community and will support the execution of ecosystem events hosted at Notman House (corporate events, conferences, networking cocktail parties, etc.)
Role and responsibilities
- Collaborate in the implementation of events and the creation of communication content related to them
- Ensure the logistics of the events and the relationship with the suppliers (caterer, bar…);
- Set up meeting and event rooms as needed. Implement the scenarization of the events (assembly, disassembly, audiovisual…), make sure to keep the spaces clean and organized;
- Prepare tables for service (lunches and cocktails) and assist with bar service;
- Greet the client/speaker/partner on the day of the event and ensure that the event is carried out in accordance with prior agreements;
- Assist speakers/clients with video conferencing and audio visual equipment (training provided);
- Provide quality customer service and respond to client needs;
- Create visuals for various communication materials;
- Ensure the application of the visibility grid for sponsors and partners;
- Create original and relevant content on social networks (posts, photos, stories, etc…) according to the strategies put in place;
- Ensure post-event follow-up (KPI, evaluation) and participate in the continuous improvement of services.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills;
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, organizational skills and resourcefulness;
- Creativity, initiative and autonomy;
- Interest in entrepreneurship / the startup ecosystem;
- Team spirit.
- Degree in project management, event management, marketing or relevant experience;
- At least 2 years experience in customer service and/or events;
- Excellent knowledge of social media and trends (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) an asset;
- Mastery of project management tools and web applications (Google Drive, Slack, Asana, etc.);
- Good knowledge of visual editing software such as Canva, an asset;
- Autonomy and ability to work independently and in a team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written;);
- Must be reliable and have a great deal of flexibility in terms of availability;
- Bilingualism (French and English at an advanced level).
Benefits and conditions of employment
- 35 hours / week with a flexible schedule (may include occasional evenings and weekends when events are held);
- Vacations starting at 3 weeks + the holiday season;
- Advantageous group insurance;
- Stimulating and inspiring work environment;
- Competitive salary;
- Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
One full-time position is available and there is a possibility of adding a second part-time position.
To apply, send your application, as soon as possible, to email@example.com.
Find out more about Notman House.