[Closed] Paid intership – Social media manager and content creator
As part of the Digital Skills for Youth Program coordinated by Communautique, OSMO Foundation is looking to hire a Social Media Manager.
The Osmo Foundation is a non-profit organization founded in 2009 by Montreal entrepreneurs to help grow Montreal’s startups in an open, inspiring and collaborative way. With the establishment of Notman House in 2011, OSMO has created a technology hub for the startup community with shared workspaces and unifying events. At Notman, the various actors of the startup ecosystem, such as startup founders, the corporate world, investors, academic and governmental institutions, come together and contribute to building a vibrant, collaborative and accessible community for all.
Reporting to the Director and the Digital Communications Agent, you will be in charge of social media management and content production for Notman with the goal of promoting the Montreal startup community, i.e. entrepreneurs, technology enthusiasts, partners and members of the Notman House.
As a Content Production and Community Management Intern, you will play a central role in the daily lives of the team, our members, partners and clients. Working for the entire Notman House community, you will contribute to the advancement of the organization’s mission and work with the team and various contributors to the organization to:
- Communicate to members and partners about our projects and events.
- Seize opportunities to grow our community and our network of collaborators.
- Contribute to the local, national and international influence of the organization and its community.
- You will be responsible for animating Notman House’s social media channels as well as the platforms used internally to inform and engage Notman residents, partners and clients.
- With the team, you will work on the development of the content strategy for the various digital platforms and ensure consistency across all social networks.
- You will participate in the elaboration of the editorial calendar for the contents intended for the social networks.
- Your creativity will be put to good use in writing engaging content and creating visuals to promote services and events.
- You will support the team in promoting the various events and initiatives put on by OSMO and Notman House.
- While monitoring, stimulate interaction and maintain a privileged relationship with the community.
- You will participate in the creation of the monthly newsletter and the updating of the subscribers’ lists.
- Staying on top of social media trends, you will make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- You will participate in Notman House events (sometimes in the evening).
- You have completed a post-secondary education in a relevant field (communications, digital media, technology, …)
What we’re looking for
- Your spoken and written English and French must be fluent.
- You like to work as part of a team and have an ability to communicate your needs.
- You have the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Content marketing and social media are things you’re passionate about.
- You are able to think analytically and critically.
- Creative and curious, you have an interest in learning new things.
- Graphic design softwares like Canva, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign have no secrets for you.
- Your planning and organizational skills are strong.
- You are familiar with the Google environment.
What we’re offering
- Paid internship, 19,23$/hour
- Flexible 35 hours per week schedule.
- Possibility to work at the office and remotely
- A stimulating work environment close to downtown.
- 26 weeks internship
- Deep Dive into the Montreal startup ecosystem
- You have to be under 30 years old.
- Your post-secondary education must be completed.
- You cannot be studying during the internship.
- This internship cannot be done as part of your current education.
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or have the refugee status and are legally allowed to work in Canada.
- It is not allowed to receive Employment Insurance benefits during the internship.
- You would qualify yourself as underemployed (working in a position below your educational level) or you work part-time.
- This is your first internship with the Career Focus Youth Digital Skills Program..
- The course includes a series of training sessions coordinated by Communautique.
Start date: As soon as possible – No later than April 19, 2021