(Job offer closed)
Job Offer : Administration and Finance Manager
Administration and finance job offer for OSMO Fondation
The OSMO Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to support the growth, development and global reach of the Montreal startup ecosystem. In 2011, the OSMO Foundation created Notman House, a 30,000 square foot campus that provides physical infrastructure and community for Montreal innovators and entrepreneurs. OSMO’s success is measured by the scale of the community organizations it builds, as well as the billions of dollars of value created by the startups and scale-ups that thrive at Notman House.
At the heart of OSMO’s vision is the belief that the communities in which entrepreneurs grow, thrive and create world-changing businesses must be sustainable. The technological innovations of these companies change our lives every day. However, the future depends not on how much everyone benefits from these innovations, but on how much they contribute to its development.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Manager of Administration and Finance plans and directs all administrative, financial, computer, building logistics and project management activities of the organization. They ensure the development and improvement of administrative processes and guarantee the proper flow of information throughout the organization. Most importantly, the candidate will play a key role in the execution of the organization’s strategic action plan. They will contribute to the success of the pivot initiated by OSMO to position Notman House in a complex ecosystem and a context changed by the pandemic.
Roles and responsibilities
- Ensure that the physical infrastructure is compliant with regulations and maintained to the standards expected by residents, staff and visitors, while respecting the heritage character of the building.
- Ensure that coffee operators manage the operation in accordance with laws, the lease, and community expectations.
- Manage and negotiate supplier contracts and maintain inventory of sufficient office and building supplies.
- Ensure the health and safety of all members/residents.
- Oversee HR management: payroll, recruitment, training plan, employment contracts, social declarations and other obligations, internal and external communication, employee well-being, organizational culture.
- Implement and optimize internal policies and processes to improve the efficiency of administration, financial, material and human resources and building logistics and ensure legal, fiscal and regulatory compliance.
- Monitor cash flows on a daily basis, analyze variances from forecasts, update cash flow forecasts, supervise the collection (clients) and disbursement (suppliers) process, manage real estate and movable assets, ensure relations with banking institutions.
- Report periodically to management on cash flow requirements.
- Develops recommendations to management on financial strategies, budgetary processes and operational solutions.
- Ensure relations with tax experts (lawyer, accountant, auditor).
- Participate in the development and overseeing of the department’s budget forecasts.
- Ensure sound financial processes and reporting.
Key competencies and professional skills
- Ability to analyze and summarize.
- Good knowledge of management control and auditing, taxation, labor and business law.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments with constantly changing projects.
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Caring and inspiring leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members and various partners
- Strong interest in the nonprofit and entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French.
Education and experience required
- CÉGEP diploma (DEC) in accounting, management, business, finance. Bachelor’s degree is an asset.
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in a similar role.
Benefits and conditions of employment
- Flexible schedule
- Vacations starting at 4 weeks (including the holiday season)
- Advantageous collective insurances
- Laptop computer and cell phone package
- Coaching opportunities
- Stimulating and inspiring work environment
- Full time position
- Competitive salary
Please make sure to send your application documents in PDF with your name in the name of the files.